Pages

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

three things

a facebook message, the movie: eat pray love and andrea's last blog post wrapped-in-black

"Did I mention I hate people who come into my life, make me feel happy and then just LEAVE...lol I don't know if this answers your question or anything, or if I sound rude or something...

All I can say is please keep in touch and keep safe and come back*...and that I hope you meet someone you can have an amazing relationship with back home, I'll always be here if you need relationship advice and I'd be lying if I said I'm not gona miss you

Love Lisa ♥"
 ...was what i just said in reply to Murray's inbox. I sat thinking today and realized that i may never see any of the australians again, which seems so strange


and then while watching eat pray love (which i would still be watching now, instead of blogging...if i had the second half andrea.)...i was reminded even more so of andrea's heartbreak (dramatic adjective) on twitter...theres a scene where julia roberts sits and types a "break up" email to David...which when i heard, made me feel like "omgosh...everything is going to be okay" ... and not just about these boys leaving to another country (yes my heart just sank while typing that) ... but people who leave in general

kay now i just want to cry...(but i wont)

just googled the email from the movie and here it is (yes the internet is awesome) i literally typed "what does she say in her email to david in eat pray love?" .... rereading it, i can only laugh at how much of an idiot i am*

Dear David,

We haven't had any communication in a while, and it's given me time I needed to think. Remember when you said we should live with each other and be unhappy so we could be happy? Consider it a testimony to how much I love you that I spent so long pouring myself into that offer, trying to make it work.
But a friend took me to the most amazing place the other day its called, The Augustium. Octavian Augustus built it to house his remains. When the Barbarians came they trashed it along with everything else. The Great Augustus Rome's first true great emperor. How could he have imagined that Rome, the whole world as far as he was concerned, one day would be in ruins. It's one of the quietest and loneliest places in Rome. The city has grown up around it over centuries. Feels like a precious wound, Like a heartbreak you won't let go of cause it hurts too good. We all want things to stay the same David. Settle for living in misery because were afraid of change. Of things crumbling to ruins. then i looked around in this place at the chaos its endured. The way its been adapted, burned, pillaged, and found a way to build itself back up again...and i was reassured. Maybe my life hasn't been so chaotic, It's just the world that is. And the only real trap is getting attached to any of it. ruin is a gift. Ruin is the road to transformation. Even in this eternal city. The Augustium showed me that we must always be prepared for endless waves of transformation.


rereading this now i realize that its got nothing to do with the australians leaving, and if you know me at all then you know the only guy i can relate this to .... skrew it! im trying to make a point here...




change is good... "ruin is a gift" ...the fact that they're leaving is okay and in the meanwhile i'll comfort myself with the dream of traveling to australia







No comments:

Post a Comment